Program for Prevention of Hematuria
Updated: Sep 26, 2021
1. Minimize climbing of stairs
No exercise bikes or load bearing exercises
No heavy lifting
Break walks into multiple short walks at moderate pace
3. Avoid extended sitting. Take frequent breaks.
4. No extended car driving such as to Florida
5. Avoid constipation using daily Colace
6. Keep bladder empty. Void regularly.
7. Stay hydrated. Increase hydration if any bleeding
Contributed by Dr. John R. Patrick. John is not a clinician. He has developed this prevention list based on readings, discussions, and mostly by correlating personal incidents and activities. You can read more about John’s books and writings at johnpatrick.com.
If you found this content helpful or have your own hematuria tips please let us know in the comments!